Friday 11 December 2015

Blogmas Day 11 - Lush Christmas Dreams 2015


It's here, the Mothership has landed. Something very exciting happened today, my Lush Christmas order for 2015 has arrived. It's that time of the year again where Lush create an amazing cocktail of heavenly Christmas scents and I go way OTT and I mean OTT and buy pretty much the entire range. No regrets though, none what so ever. It's turned into a tradition of mine where each year I do a mahoosive bulk buy which is guaranteed to last me the entire year. In fact I still have a Candy Mountain bubble bar from last year. So yes it looks like a ridiculous amount of products for one person to consume but consume I will and waste I won't. I've been dying to write this blog post, sod uni work that can wait this is way more important. Whether this is the best attitude to hold I'm not to sure but it's nearly Christmas and I am now feeling very festive. As I sit here typing away I have my Christmas music on full blast, my favourite Christmas candle lit which is called Festive Cookies, my baby (cat) snuggled by my side and an amazing aroma of a Lush shop in my sitting room. I thought I would talk you through each purchased item, and I do warn you this will be a massive post so I would recommend maybe making yourself a hot drink and grabbing yourself a festive treat to accompany you on this light piece of festive reading.

Bath bombs

For those of you who are new to Lush, may I first start my saying a hearty welcome to you! Bath bombs are very easy to use, fill your bath water as you would normally and drop one of these babies into the water. Watch the magic unfold as amazing colours and scents transform your bath water. 

Dashing Santa and Father Christmas


I thought I would start off by talking about the bath bombs that have returned from previous years:

Dashing Santa - Ho ho to go!
This was definitely a favourite of mine from last year. I would describe this one as to have a citrus scent to it, it almost reminds me of lemon sherbet and it's very refreshing. I don't remember it being glittery last year although there does look like it has some shimmer in it this year. It will transform your bath water into a sunset scene packed full of peaches, yellows, oranges, golds and reds. Perfect to warm you up on a cold night. One of these will cost you only £2.95 so one of the cheaper bath bombs.

Father Christmas - Get your Claus out
This is the other Father Christmas shaped bath bomb. If you like sweet scents then you will love this one. It shares that classic sweet snow fairy scent that a few of the other products in the Christmas range contain. I would describe it to smell like candy floss, it is a definite iconic Lush Christmas scent. It will transform your bath waters to a rich, dark green colour. Again this bath bomb isn't overly glittery but there does appear to be a slight hint of silver glitter towards it. This bath bomb is a slightly larger one and will cost you £3.65.

Butterbear and So White


Two white bath bombs for you now

Butterbear - Cocoa butter bear hugs
This is a slightly different bath bombs in the fact it isn't full of tricks. It is a very simple and calming bath bomb which remains white and won't transform the colour of your bath. Instead it is pact full of pieces of cocoa butter that melt into your bath water leaving patches of soft buttery oil which soak and absorb into your skin leaving your skin feeling incredibly soft. If you suffer from dry skin in the winter then I would definitely recommend that you try this one. The only downside to this one is your bath is later left feeling slightly on the sticky side but it is so worth it. I also love the vanilla scent to this one, this little fella isn't overly perfumed. One of these will cost you £1.95 which is definitely one of the cheaper ones to chose from. I would recommend this one if you are slightly nervous of trying Lush products or if you suffer from sensitive skin.

So White - The fairest of them all
This is a gorgeous fresh fruity bath bomb, it reminds me of fresh apples and cider. Although it's white I have a feeling it does change colour but to be honest with you all I can't remember what to so it will be a nice surprise for the both of us. Again this one isn't glittery it's a nice simple and calming bath bomb, a definite favourite of mine I adore the scent. It is one of the larger bombs and will therefore cost you £3.65.

Shoot For The Stars and Luxury Lush Pud


Shoot For The Stars - Paint the night sky
If you love glitter then you will love this one. From what I remember this will transform your bath water into blue and purple midnight magic packed full of silver glitter. If you love a spectacle and dramatic bath bomb then this one will be right up your street. This is a mahoosive bath bomb which smells of honey with a slight bergamot twist to it. This is a real treat and I cannot wait to use this one again as it is beautiful to watch and I love the smell of honey. You can pick one of these up for £3.65.

Luxury Lush Pud - A recipe for unwinding
Don't be fooled by the neon colours of this one, I would definitely describe this one to be a relaxing bath bomb. I think I may use this one on Christmas Eve to try to help me sleep and relax as I struggle to contain my excitement for the big day. To me this bath bomb reminds me of Twilight from the classic range with it's Lavender scent. Lush have definitely gone to town on their presentation of this one, I personally don't like Christmas pudding and I know I would much rather receive this one on Christmas day. I love all of the multi-coloured spots, I think it will turn your bath water into a beautiful pink shade. An essential for Christmas Eve I recon. A Lush Pud will cost you £3.95 but it is so worth it. 100% a favourite of mine and an all time Lush Christmas Classic it's what the majority think of when they think of the Christmas range.

Cinders and Golden Wonder


Cinders - Heat Up The Holidays
This was hands down my favourite bath bomb from last year. Although it's smaller then the majority and simple in design I adore the spicy scent to this one. Why I didn't order three or four of these I honestly don't know. This bomb honestly smells incredible, it is packed full of Christmas spices such as cinnamon and cloves it is just Christmas in a bath. It also has a slight fruity scent to it so even if you're not a massive lover of spicy scents I still recommend that you try this and I recon it will transform you. The majority of the candles and reed diffusers in our house share this amazing spicy scent this year the whole house smells incredible it makes me so happy walking from room to room and getting a gold old sniff. There is a small amount of gold glitter to this one but put it this way you won't have to spend hours cleaning your bath after using this one like you do with others. I also love the sound of the orange popping candy as it sounds like a log fire is crackling which is so warming and comforting. Just imagine this accompanied with some candles - sheer heaven. Cinders is priced at £2.65 and a must, must have.

Golden Wonder - A wonder to behold
Alongside Cinders and the Luxury Lush Pud this is my other favourite from last year but thinking about it I love them all and have never been disappointed. This is an amazing golden wonder, just look at it, it's a massive Christmas present - hello to you my friend. Similar to the Lush Pud this is a iconic shape and a lot of peoples favourite. This one will turn your bath water into a turquoise beauty with gold glitter and gold stars. Lush certainly go to town with this one and I am so, so happy it has returned this year. When you shake this bath bomb you can hear the gold stars rattling inside like a Christmas present. This would make the perfect present as it is definitely a show stopper. Golden Wonder has a refreshing lime scent to it but pre-warning there is a glitter overload with this one so I'll just apologise to my Mum in advance before using it. You can purchase one of these for £3.95, I recon it would make the perfect secret santa present.

Star Dust and Yog Nog


These are the two new additions to the Christmas range this year.

Star Dust - Star of wonder
This is a really pretty bath bomb shaped as a star. This one isn't overly scented, it has a slight musky vanilla scent towards it. I would describe it as smelling as the same iconic scent that a Lush shop holds. I can see a whole lot of silver glitter so I recon this will be a glittery one which may possibly turn your bath waters blue. I recon it will be a very pretty one so I cannot wait to try this one. You can buy Star Dust for just £2.95.

Yog Nog - Sugar-coat your skin
I love the scent of this one, it shares the same scent as the classic Yog Nog soap which has now been transformed into a bath bomb. It smells of sweet toasted toffee with a slight muskiness towards it. Perfect for a cold winter's evening I recon. I love the design of this one with the different shapes featuring leaves and stars. I can already see a lot of gold glitter in this one pre-warning to you Mum. I cannot wait to try it, it may be the first bath bomb I try. This is one of the larger bombs and will cost you £3.95.

Bubble bars

Bubble bars look like bath bombs except you don't use the whole thing in one bath. You simply break a small portion off and crumble it under running water to create a whole lot of bubbles. Bubble bars also transform the colour and scent of your bath so if you love bubble baths you will love these. I love seeing how many baths I can get out of one product. I must have got over 20 baths from my Holly Golightly bar from last year so you definitely get your moneys worth.

Peeping Santa and Candy Mountain



Peeping Santa - Look lively!
This a new addition to the Christmas range this year and how cute is this little Santa? This has a sweet strawberry scent towards it and the white face reminds me of strawberries and cream. Although I wouldn't call this a traditional Christmas scent it is still amazing. Very fresh and fruity. I just think that the two little eyes are so cute. I'm predicting this one will turn your bath water a pale pinky/red colour but don't quote me on that. This one feels quite buttery so I'm predicting it will be very beneficial for your skin. You can pick this guy up for £3.95.

Candy Mountain - Sugar sweet summits
Candy Mountain shares the iconic Sweet Snow Fairy scent. If you love Snow Fairy and sweet vanillary smells then you will love this one. This is what I would describe as a very girly bath bomb as it will transform your bath water into pink, silvery sparkles. You can purchase this for just £2.95.

Bar Humbug and Holly Golightly 


Bar Humbug - Save our scrooges
The second new addition to the bubble bar range, Bar Humbug is a beautiful rich, midnight purple with white swirls and silver glitter. It looks very similar to the Comforter from the original collection. This one claims to smell like liquorish which I personally don't like however I was pleasantly surprised by this one as I personally don't think that it has a strong liquorish scent towards it. It has a faint liquorish scent yet I would also describe it as also being quite musky and earthy. If you like the Lord of Misrule scent from the Halloween collection which I personally did, then you will love this one. If I didn't know it was from the Christmas range then I wouldn't have guessed it to be Christmasy however I am still looking forward to testing it. I recon the bath will look beautiful when using this. You can purchase this one for £3.65.

Holly Golightly - Jolly holly-days
I'm so, so happy that this one has returned as it was one of my favourite bubble bars from last year. In fact I finished my one from last year yesterday so I'm so happy I have a replacement for it. This is a mammoth bath bomb it's really dense and you can get so many baths from it. Like I said earlier I'm sure I got over 20 from my one from last year. A lime green dome is packed in a dark holly coloured shell coated in silver glitter with holly leaves and berries on top. It just looks so festive. It's quite a difficult scent to describe but I'm going for a spicy and musky scent, just very Christmasy to be honest. I personally love the scent but it's one you should smell yourselves to attempt to work out what it smells of. Glitter alert again - a high portion of silver glitter has been packed on to this one so if you're a glitter lover then this is definitely for you. You can buy one of these for £4.95 but it is an amazing investment and so worth while.

Five Gold Rings - On the firth day of Christmas ...


Another new bubble bar for you all my lovelies, and how festive is this one? As you can tell and guess by the name, Five Gold Rings is in fact five gold rings - shock horror. These beauties are so sweet. You could use one per bath but I recon I will get two if not three baths from each ring. These have an amazing spicy yet slightly sweet vanilla scent to them. As you can tell by now I'm a sucker for spicy scents this year. I recon these will turn your bath waters into a golden, gold and glittery dream - so festive. I'm very excited by these new additions. You can buy your rings for £4.95 and I recon they will be so worth it.

Reusable bubble bars

A reusable bubble bar is another form of a bubble bar. Instead of breaking potions of the bubble bar off; you wave the wand under running water and bubbles are created. I'm not sure if you're supposed to or not but after each use I pat the wands dry using a tissue ready for the next bath.

The Magic Of Christmas and Magic Wand 


The Magic Of Christmas - Keep the magic alive
Hold onto your socks kids but I have two very bold statements coming for you now. I think this has to be my favourite scent from the collection AND my favourite product from the 2015 collection - woah there. Big words I know. This beautiful and yes you guessed it spicy bubble bar is attached to a cinnamon stick and it is decorated with cloves and star anise - beautiful, simply beautiful. Similar to Five Gold Rings I recon it will turn your bath waters into a gold, glittery dream which smells incredible. It also has a slight almond and marzipan scent towards it and alongside the spices it is just perfection. So a big thank you to you Lush, you clever sausages. You should all go and buy one of these now for £5.95, yes it may be one of the more pricy ones but even if you only buy one item from Lush this Christmas I recon it should be this one, I mean just look at it it's certainly a show stopper.

Magic Wand - Make a wish!
This pink beauty is another sweet scent and yes you guessed it, it shares the same sweet scent of Snow Fairy, Candy Mountain and Father Christmas so what ever you need to stock up on you can still got hold of the famous scent in many a different form. It's adorable, a pink star covered in silver glitter on a lolly stick with a little silver bow. A little girls dream, and a 19 year old's one at that as well. You can buy your Magic Wand for £5.25 but seeing as you get multiple uses out of the bubble bars they are definitely worth it.

Luxury bath melts

Similar to bath bombs you use the whole product in one bath. Place these babies into your warm bath water and let these melt releasing their skin softening goodness that will leave your skin feeling softer then a babies botty.

Snow Melt and Snow Angel


Snow Melt - Swirling, spiralling snowstorms
This is a new addition to the Christmas bath melts for 2015. This is a teeny, tiny product that is the shape of a silver, sparkly golf ball. This one is white and appears to be packed full of silver glitter. I'm not sure what to expect from this one colour wise but it has a really fresh peppermint scent towards it which I love, it reminds me of minty candy canes. One of these will only cost you £2.00 I would recommend picking one up as I am very intrigued by these.

Snow Angel - Heavenly moisturiser
This was another favourite product of mine from last year. First of all simply because it smells of Marzipan which I absolutely adore. I could quite happily eat marzipan on it's own and I love marzipan fruits. In my personal opinion it is the only good thing about Christmas cake only because I don't like fruit cake. This was so beneficial for my skin last year, similar to Butterbear my skin felt so soft and nourished after using this, perfect for those of you with dry skin. Glitter warning - this contains a mahoosive amount of gold glitter and your bath will definitely need cleaning after using this but this is honestly so worth it. One of these will cost you £3.95 but for me personally this gold glitter dream of cocoa and almonds is essential and I wouldn't be without it this Christmas I'm bursting with excitement to use it.

Face cleanser

Buche De Noel - Yule love the effects!



This is the only face product that I purchased from the Christmas range. I have only ever tried one other cleanser from Lush that was called Angels On Bare Skin. I really enjoyed it and it felt very beneficial for my skin which was always left feeling really soft afterwards. So I thought I would try their Christmas cleanser which is full of natural Christmas ingredients such as satsumas, cranberries and brandy, how festive. I'm really looking forward to trying it and I recon I will be using this before getting ready for outings over Christmas. I brought a 100g pot which cost £6.75. The cleansers tend to last me a long time hence why I only brought a small pot. With the cleansers you massage a small grape size potion onto your hand and mix with some water to form a paste that you can spread onto your face similar to a face mask. Once cleansed I remove the cleanser using a damp warm flannel and finish my usual skin care routine by toning and moisturising.

Shower gel

Snow Fairy - For Christmas sparkle


Now some of you may feel that I have saved the best till last featuring the all time classic Snow Fairy shower gel. It's a classic that returns every year which I know that many are thankful for. I'm not a massive fan of the other Christmas shower gels but I always buy this one once a year. Yes it's vanilla, pink sweetness accompanied by some lovely silver glitter. Very similar to the theme that we have read about earlier in the post. Although it isn't a 'what I call' Christmas scent, the scent still makes me feel Christmasy as it always comes out every year and everyone goes crazy for it. I brought the small size of 100g worth for £3.95 as I find the Lush shower gels and creams tend to last me a long, long time. Especially this one as it's a very distinctive sweet scent that you don't need too much of.

So there you have it my lovelies a mahoosive blog post for you all. For those of you who made it from the start to the end I applaud and solute you I'm very impressed you have a greater attention span then I do. I'm also very grateful so thank you kindly. There are also other products from the Christmas range that I didn't pick up including a lip tint, lip scrub, shower gels, shower jellies, a shower smoothie, fun, soaps, dusting powders, scrubs, a face mask, body lotions and conditioners. There is something for everyone if I could of afforded to I would have gone the whole hog and got the lot. I would love to know what your favourites are from my festive haul. I think mine have to be Snow Angel, The Magic Of Christmas, Cinders, Yog Nog, the Luxury Lush Pud and Golden Wonder. Thank you so much for reading this blog post my lovelies. I'm now going to watch my first Christmas film of the season in the form of Nativity.

You can read my Lush Christmas blog post for 2014 by clicking here

I cannot believe that it is only a whole two weeks until Christmas now - eek! This time next week I'll be heading out to London with my Mum which I am very excited about indeedy.

XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...