Thursday 13 November 2014

A Lush Christmas Haul



Oh my what have I done?

For months now I have been so excited to write this blog post but I've held off for as long as I could but now it's mid November to me it's Christmas and time for a Lush christmas haul. So I went a little crazy on the Lush website and ordered quite a few products to review for you all. I just want to say that I'm not showing off and I have paid for all of these products by myself. I had to keep justifying this massive spend to myself for several reasons. One -  I rarely go to Lush throughout the year I only tend to go near christmas as I love all their christmas products and it just gets me super excited for christmas. Two - I've just started a new job and it was like a 'well done' treat for myself. But as soon as the parcel arrived to day my guilt of my large spend soon went away and I started taking pictures straight away. I ordered these goodies online as I have spent ages looking at the products on the website and reading blog posts on all the products that I had built up a pretty large list of the products I wanted to try that it would be slightly embarrassing to go into a shop where I would be left carrying loads of baskets. It was so exciting when the package arrived and all the products were protected with those foam things that remind me of white wotsits and I was so happy that none of the products were in packaging so I could take pictures straight away. They were also all in very good condition and survived the journey. Now I didn't buy all of the Christmas range but I have brought a fair few so time to stop rambling on and actually review these little christmas treats.

Snow Fairy, So White
Shower gel wise there are three that have been brought out for Christmas and I picked up two. The first being Snow Fairy which is a Lush christmas classic. Whenever you go into a Lush shop at Christmas or think of the christmas range, Snow Fairy is what everyones buying or talking about. It has a very distinctive sweet scent which I wouldn't say is christmasy. It's only christmasy in the fact that it is only brought out at christmas so if you love sweet scents this is definitely one for you.

The second shower gel is called So White which I believe this is new this year. There is also the So White bath bomb which has been brought out before but I think the shower gel is new this year but I may be wrong. To me this smells of fresh apples which I love the smell of, I think that there needs to be more bath products that smell of apples in this world. Both the shower gels contain a small amount of glitter to go with the christmasy feel.

The Melting Snowman, Snow Angel
Moving onto bath melts, again there are three in the collection and I picked up two of these. Bath melts aren't as exciting as bath bombs or bubble bars but they are filled with cocoa butter and have lots of benefits for your skin leaving your skin feeling super soft afterwards. On the left we have The Melting Snowman and just look at him, how cute is he.  He has a spicy scent and also he's slightly chocolatey and I'm not 100% sure but I think his buttons maybe chocolate.

The second bath melt is called Snow Angel which is one of my favourite scents from the collection. To me it smells of marzipan which I love, I know many people hate it but I personally love it, it's the only part of a christmas cake that I actually like. The only problem with this one for me is the glitter as I'm not a massive fan of it but the scent is definitely worth it.

The other bath melt is called Star Light, Star Bright and I didn't pick this one up as it's covered in glitter and theres only so much glitter that I can take. Although if you like glitter then I would recommend it as it will leave your bath a beautiful silver and light blue colour. I also really love the smell of it, it's meant to smell of Lime and Ginger and I love ginger bath products.

Christmas Eve,  The Christmas Hedgehog
After using the Sparkly Pumpkin from their Halloween range I now love bubble bars and I picked up a few. With bubble bars you crumble a chunk under running water and it creates bubbles whilst releasing a scent and changing the colour of your bath water. The good thing about these is you can re-use them so you get a lot of value for your money. Christmas Eve contains Irish Moss which is meant to be a relaxing scent. I love the simple design of it (it's a half moon if you weren't sure). I find this one quite difficult to describe the scent of but the best that I can come up with is a mixture of floral and sherbet. This is more of a subtle scent from the collection if your not a fan of strong scents.

The Christmas Hedgehog is another adorable one, I love the minty colour. It has a combination of a floral and spicy scent. I would say it isn't my favourite scent from the collection but its just adorable and perfect for this time of year. It has a small amount of glitter leaving your bath glistening without being too much.

Candy Mountain, Holy Golightly
The next two are my favourite bubble bars. Candy Mountain contains the classic Snow Fairy scent with a small amount of glitter and it would be a good combination to use together.

Holy Golightly is a bit of a show stopper for me. First of all it's massive so you will definitely get a lot of baths out of this one. Yes it's glittery which bugs me but it's similar to the amount of glitter that was on the Sparkly Pumpkin which wasn't over powering in the end so I'm giving this one the benefit of the doubt. I love the scent of this one which is spicy and it has the same scent as Hot Toddy the other shower gel that I didn't get and seeing as they have the same scent I thought I would try and save money and just get one. Seeing as I've spent so much I don't know why I bothered but it's the thought that counts. To be this guy smells like christmas, it's just that classic christmas scent. It will also leave your bath a gorgeous dark green colour.

Drummers Drumming
The last bubble bar that I picked up is Drummers Drumming and yes it has bells and yes it makes a noise. I'm not joking but this kept me entertained for about 5 minutes. This is similar to the Magic Wand that was brought out last year. You wave this under running water and then dry it so that it can be re-used multiple times. This is meant to have a strawberry and cream scent to it which to be honest I don't really get, it is sweet but it's slightly floral too but I love the smell of it.

The other two bubble bars are the Magic Wand: which smells of Snow Fairy and seeing as I have a few products with that scent I thought I didn't need it even though it's super cute. The other one is The Christmas Penguin but to be honest with you I wasn't over whelmed by the scent so I didn't pick it up.

So White, Butterbear
Bath bombs. So White is the bath bomb I mentioned early with the same apple scent to the So White shower gel. It's a simple white bath bomb with no colour but it's the scent that you're paying for with this product.

Butterbear is super cute - I think I've said that phrase way too many times in this post but I can't help it. Again, he's another white bath bomb with a cocoa scent and I think he has great skin benefits as well. He's one of the cheaper bath bombs.

Dashing Santa, Father Christmas
Moving onto our Father Christmas bath bombs. Dashing Santa has a citrus scent which I don't normally like but I love the smell of him and he will leave your bath a orange/peachy colour. He reminds me of the smell of satsumas which always remind me of christmas.

Now I'm not sure about this but I think the scent of Father Christmas changes each year but as I didn't buy him last year I'm not sure. The Lush website says that this year he has the Snow Fairy scent which he defiantly does (another Snow Fairy product for you all here). He will turn your bath red to a bright green representing those classic christmas colours.

Shoot For The Stars, Luxury Lush Pud
I love the smell of Shoot For The Star, it reminds me of sherbet. This will look amazing in your bath, it will turn the water bright blue leaving a shimmering trail of silver glitter. I haven't tried this before but I can't wait to use it.

The Luxury Lush Pud is another of my favourite smells from the collection. I love the smell of christmas puddings but I don't like the taste, mainly because I don't like dried fruits. This smells like christmas puddings and it looks like a neon christmas pudding. It will leave your water mainly bright pink with the multicoloured patches around your bath. This smells like the Twilight bath bomb which is another Lush classic so if you like that you should definitely give this a whirl.

Cinders, Golden Wonder
The last two bath bombs that I picked up are Cinders and Golden Wonder. Cinders is smaller then the other bath bombs but I love it because it contains popping candy and no glitter. I love the popping candy bath bombs as you can hear it popping in the bath. This has a spicy scent which I love as it's not too over powering. When I read about it on the website I didn't think I would like it but when I smelt it in Lush I loved it and I know I've said this a few times but it is one of my favourite scents from the collection, possibly my favourite, crazy I know. Definitely one to pick up!

The last is Golden Wonder which is the biggest bath bomb I've ever seen. I've never used this before but when you shake it, it rattles - I have no idea what's inside but it excites me immensely. This will leave your bath water a beautiful teal colour and it does have glitter but a different type to the usual glitter as it's almost like a glitter paint that's been painted on rather then actually being rubbed in glitter. I don't know how to describe the scent of this one it's quite unique but I will say it's slightly citrusy.

So there you go a massive Lush Haul. There are other christmas products including lip tints, lip scrubs, cleansers, soaps, massage bars and more but I personally love the bath products from Lush and it's what I always go for. I hope you enjoyed reading this my lovelies and let me know in the comments what your favourite Lush products are.

Did you see my Lush Halloween Haul? You can click here to see it.

2 comments:

  1. Wow. You went to town on Lush products! Wish I had the balls to do something like this. They all look so good! Gonna have a venture in soon I reckon. Lovely post! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much it's something that I had been saving for, for a long time now. You should their products are amazing this year! X

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...