Wednesday 18 May 2016

Cheeky Summer Superdrug Splurge



Good afternoon my lovelies! The weather today is absolute poop so I find myself sat here typing away enjoying a coffee and some banana bread looking for some homely comforts. What could be more comforting then drooling over a recent cheeky Superdrug splurge? A couple of weeks ago I was having a girly shopping day in Lewes with my Mum. It was a gorgeous and warm sunny day, we had coffee and luck out, had our hair cuts and did a little bit of cheeky shopping, oops.

It has been a while since I last found myself spending hours and hours scanning endless make-up and beauty counters in Boots and Superdrug. I have been very well reserved recently I'm actually quite proud of myself. Judging by the size of my make-up collection I really don't need any more make-up however, that isn't part of the English Dictionary in my books and I personally believe that you can never have too much make-up.

There have been a lot and I mean a lot of new releases recently that I have had my eye on and have wanted to have a nosy at. There were so many more products that I could easily have picked up and indulged on however I am trying to be careful with money at the moment. My Mum did have to help restrain me though; it was a two person job. Since leaving school and working my will power has 100% decreased.

For fellow make-up addicts, junkies and lovers I thought I would share what beautiful new products I found that I thought would be gorgeous for Spring and Summer.

Make-Up Bag By Zoella Beauty

I use my make-up bag 6/7 times a week and after a while they can start to look a little on the grubby side which is of course natural. Personally I am all for good personal hygiene. I have had my eye on this gorgeous pale pink make-up bag for a while now but I could find myself resisting no more. At least I actually have an excuse that I do need a new make-up bag now. I love the gorgeous combination of the pale pink and rose fold dots. This screams summer to me and very fitting for my new summer make-up goodies. I also love the quote on the bag of 'Just Say Yes' as this is something I would personally like to do more of to new opportunities that may arise. I guess fear of the unknown is a sucker for me creating anxiety although recently I believe I am getting better at throwing caution to the wind and saying yes to new opportunities and adventures which is a good thing in my book.

I know that this make-up bag will be well used and loved over Summer. You can pick your own bag up for £8.00. A must have for your new make-up goodies and treats.

Bronze and Sculpt Contour Kit By MUA 


Contouring may possibly be my favourite part of applying make-up. I think it's because I find it fascinating and intriguing as to how you can really change the shape and appearance of your face by applying two different shades of powder. It boggles my mind. I guess it's the little things. MUA is a new brand to me. I first discovered the brand when I received an eyeshadow palette in a glossy box one month which I have loved, cherished and used ever since. The eyeshadows are really pigmented, blend able and creamy yet MUA is a really cheap and affordable make-up brand. It is therefore the perfect brand for those of you watching the pennies as I know I am. The gorgeous gold packaging caught my eye as I glanced past the stand and seeing as I had such success with the eyeshadows I thought I would give the contouring kit ago. I mean how could you miss this little beauty it's absolutely stunning. I love the gold packaging. Hidden inside is a gorgeous golden shimmery highlighter and tucked underneath the highlighter is the gorgeous matte brown bronzer. I think both shades will look gorgeous alongside a golden tan.

I picked this fellow up in the shade Light/Medium yet there are others available. I am a sucker for bronzers and have tried many yet I have a couple of firm favourites including Hoola by Benefit and the Soap and Glory Solar powder however I do have high hopes for this one and it will be a welcome addition to my gorgeous collection. I love the fact at how compact it is yet you have a really decent size bronzer and highlighter. This will make it the perfect addition to your make-up bag as it is small and compact for on the go usage. What will make you fall in love with it even more and is another tick box well and truly ticked is the fact that it also contains a really good mirror. Boom. I cannot think of any negatives to this little baby. The product itself is also super pigmented there are literally no downsides here. Alongside the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer and the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder this could be another drugstore beauty favourite that stands it's ground for years and years to come. I highly recommend that you grab one especially as it is only £5.00 - yes £5.00.

Rimmel Lipsticks

Top Clockwise: Latino, Spin All Spring, Vintage Pink, Pink Rules
Moisture Renew Lipsticks By Rimmel 

Vintage Pink and Latino 
Rimmel have recently increased their range of the moisture renew lipsticks by introducing a sheer and shine range. Seeing the new lipsticks I also had a nosy at some of the lipsticks from the original collection. I could of quite happily brought ten but I restrained myself to two. Something which I don't feel guilty for although the quantity did then double but what can you do? I have always loved Rimmel lipsticks. I just had a nosy at my collection where I found twelve all from different ranges including the Classic Kate Moss range, the matte Kate Moss Range, the Rita Ora lip crayons and now of course the moisture renew range. Sometimes I struggle to find lipsticks that are wearable against my dark red lips although these lipsticks are incredibly pigmented. I think they might be the most pigmented lipsticks that I own allowing me a greater variation of colours to chose from. This of course made the decision a lot more tricky. The lipsticks are also really moisturising and they aren't drying. Of course they also have really good colour pay off which lasts a long time on your lips. I also love the sleek packaging with the purple case. I think it makes the lipsticks quite modern and sophisticated. The lipsticks also smell and taste amazing which shouldn't be an important factor but it is still an added bonus in my books. I highly recommend that you spend a long time swatting these lipsticks as they are well worth the pocket money. They are also really affordable at only £6.49 each which I think is really good considering they are of a A* quality.

Vintage Pink 180
I think of this to be a more sophisticated lip colour. It isn't your bright fuchsia or barbie doll pink put it that way. It is a luxurious dark mauve with almost purple undertones yet it actually appears more berry toned on the lips. I feel it really compliments my dark lips. This would be perfect for a subtle lip colour perhaps for work or an evening do. It isn't what I consider a classic Spring or Summer shade, perhaps more wintery but I know I will still wear this throughout the entire year.

Latino 200
I have had my eye on this shade for years and years now; right back to when the original collection was first introduced. Typical Ellie but this is another berry tone shade with shimmer running through it. It is a brighter and more pinker colour then Vintage Pink. It is the perfect bright Summer berry shade for me and I already know that this will become a staple and all time favourite for me. The shimmer also adds that added bit of shine to it making your lips appear super glossy without lipgloss. I think yet again this shade really suits my natural lip colour and I think it may be my favourite out of the four colours.

Sheer and Shine Lipstick By Rimmel 

Pink Rules and Spin All Spring
I was originally drawn to the Rimmel lipstick counter because of the new Sheer and Shine lipsticks. There are six in the collection of which I picked up two. They are the same price to the lipsticks in the original range except they are in a pale baby pink case. Again I also love the packaging of these and I love the fact that they are of a different colour case making the lipsticks distinctive from the classics. They just look really fun and summery in my make-up bag and collection. Right up my street. The lipsticks appear as really bright and bold colours yet they are sheer lipsticks allowing you to build up coverage to the desired amount of colour. They also have a different scent to the original collection that reminds me of pink grapefruit. Being Summer I don't know if it is supposed to be or not but let me know what you recon.

Pink Rules 300
Pink Rules appears to be a bright fuchsia with red tones towards it. However, as the lipsticks are of a sheer formula it actually swatches as a more sheer berry pink. It doesn't appear as bright on the lips. This makes more wearable for me personally as I'm not a total fan of bright lip colours as I'm not sure that they suit me. I find a bright sheer lipstick more subtle for that added hint of colour without being too in your face if you know what I mean. This will be perfect for Summer when my wardrobe tends to be a lot more colourful.

Spin All Spring 600
This is a gorgeous coral orange with shimmer running through it. I usually avoid orange lipsticks as I don't think that they compliment my skin tone however the fact that this lipstick is sheer makes it a lot more wearable for me. I just find the subtle hint really refreshing on the lips providing that extra subtle hint of colour. Yet again these lipsticks are really moisturising and are incredibly shinny. I can see these becoming the ultimate summer essentials and new best friends.

Thank you for reading this blog post my lovelies. I would love to know if you have tried any of the products or any cheeky products that you have picked up recently. All this talk of Summer seems to have brought the sun out which pleases me immensely. I am now debating baking a gingerbread cake this afternoon. Enjoy the rest of your Wednesday my lovelies.
XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...