Saturday 13 February 2016

Creme Egg Brownies








Good evening my lovelies and a big fat mahoosive Happy Saturday and weekend to you all. I know it's only February and it's actually closer to Valentines Day and Mother's Day then Easter but I couldn't resist this one. The shops are starting to get choco-bloc with Easter treats and goodies and seeing the return of the classic Creme Egg I thought some baking was in order. Yesterday I visited a friend from school who is at University near by. Knowing that she loves Creme Eggs I thought this would be the perfect thing to bake for her. Any excuse to bake. I have seen so many pictures of these and I have always wanted to try baking these myself. Even though Cadbury's is my favourite type of chocolate I don't really like Creme Eggs I find them a bit too sickly with the fondant. Saying that I adore the caramel versions so I might have to try this recipe using caramel eggs instead. Caramel is incredibly sweet so there is absolutely no logic in what I have just said but there you go.

These brownies were so quick and easy to bake and the house smelt incredible. Full of chocolaty yummy goodness. I love how these brownies get that classic chocolate crack on top. They have a thin crisp layer on and they are really gooey and squidgy inside. The perfect brownie in my eyes. If you love chocolate, love cake, love creme eggs and love Easter then these are the perfect creation to bake. Not only that they are really fun so I would highly recommend that you give these ago.

Ingredients- makes 12

185g unsalted butter
185g dark chocolate
85g plain flour
40g cocoa powder
3 eggs
275g golden caster sugar 
6 Creme Eggs 

Method

1) Preheat your oven to 180°C/ 160°Fan/ Gas mark 4 and grease a 20 cm square baking tin. At this stage you want to place your creme eggs in the fridge

2) Melt the butter and chocolate together, I did this by placing the ingredients in a bowl over a saucepan of hot water but you could also do this in the microwave

3) Once melted set to the side to cool

4) In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs and sugar together until you have a light mouse like consistency . The mixture should look pale and have almost doubled in size

5) Fold in your sugar and egg mixture into the chocolate bowl using a metal spoon. First beat in a small amount to slacken the mixture before folding in the remaining mixture

6) Sift in the flour and cocoa powder and fold into the mixture, again using a metal spoon

7) Pour the brownie mixture into your tin and bake for 30 minutes

8) Whilst baking you want to cut your creme eggs in half using a sharp knife. Lay the eggs flat on a plate and return to the fridge so they don't ooze out. The eggs will retain their filling and 'egg like' appearance

9) After the brownies have had their first bake press the creme eggs into the brownie mixture spacing the creme eggs evenly. Return your brownies to the oven for a further 5 minutes

10) Once baked allow the brownies to completely cool in the tin

I hope you enjoyed this recipe post my lovelies. Let me know in the comments if you chose to give these ago. I also want to try creme egg cupcakes but I wasn't sure how well these would travel on a train. Brownies seemed a safer bet. I think these will now become a staple of mine and I am planning on baking these again next week for another friend so they are in high demand. You could also try making these for Halloween using the scream egg versions that Cadbury's release. These are exactly the same yet green inside and would look really effective and spooky with the green fondant oozing out.

XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...