Friday 8 January 2016

Clinique Chubby Stick Gift Box


Clockwise top left: Grandest Grape, Woppin Wstermelon, Plushest Punch, Pudgy Peony

L-R: Grandest Grape, Woppin Watermelon, Plushest Punch, Pudgy Peony
L-R: Grandest Grape, Woppin Watermelon, Plushest Punch, Pudgy Peony 
Still feeling very spoilt over Christmas I was also lucky enough to receive a Clinique gift set from my Aunty. Clinique always seems like a gorgeous and luxurious brand to me and I would never treat myself to anything from Clinique for just a regular everyday use as I'm not sure I could justify that to my bank account at the moment. Believe me if I could then I would. I always feel very lucky when I'm treated to something from Clinique. The Moisture Surge moisturisers is one of my all time favourite products from Clinique and I would highly recommend it as it feels like you are coating your skin in a soft marshmallow like blanket you know you are really benefiting your skin from using it. I enjoy using it in the evenings before going to bed as you know the natural goodness is being absorbed by your skin over night and you wake up with an amazing radiance feeling. My supplies have been emptied for a year or so but I feel very lucky that my stock supplies have been restored.

I have always wanted to try the Clinique chubby sticks. I love lip crayons I have an ever expanding and over spilling supply. I find them really easy to use and apply and the majority of the time I prefer the balm like formulation of lip crayons to lip sticks. There are so many different types and brands out there to chose from however, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but I always think of the Clinique chubby sticks to be the original lip crayon and to have started the whole revolution. I remember when the chubby sticks first came out and everyone and their mother and their mothers daughter were raving about them and everyone was buying the entire range. The hype then seemed to continue for years to follow afterwards. Never being one to miss a trend I was so excited when I opened this present as it is something that has been on my make-up wish list for many years now.

The gift set contained the cutest pink and silver make-up bag. It's so small and dinky you could use it for all four of your chubby sticks or like me it could be a new addition to your handbag for on the go touch-ups. I only take make-up in my handbag if I know I'm going to be out for a long time; for example on a trip to London or if I'm working a longer day at work. I wouldn't take every single make-up item I own; maybe a powder to avoid slipping of make-up and greasiness, a concealer, eyeliner and lip product. The make-up pouch - great word pouch - is perfect handbag size to use for minimal make-up so I know it will be very handy. It would also be great for taking out on a night out with you. The fact that it's pink, sparkly and girly are also major plus points for me.

The chubby sticks themselves have a really glossy finish to them with a balm like formulation. This instantly appeals to me as I find that they look more natural on your lips and they are easier to apply compared to matte products. I feel this gift set is almost designed for me as it contains four berry shades which are right up my street. Having quite pigmented lips I struggle with pale nude/pink/peach lipsticks as I find they wash me out and I also try to avoid orange toned products. To be honest I tend to stick with berry tones all year round not just for Autumn as I feel that they compliment my dark brown hair and green eyes. I know I could quite happily wear each and everyone of these shades and will do at that. These are now in prize place, front row seats in my lip crayon section of my make-up collection.

There are four chubby sticks in the collection:

Plushest Punch 05 
A gorgeous fuchsia with red undertones to it. This is the closest to red shade out of the four. This is from the intense range and therefore highly pigmented so you get a great colour pay off with this one.

Woppin Watermelon 06
This is the palest shade out of the four. It is a gorgeous pastel pink although it appears a darker pink in the photos it applies as a more pale shade yet you can easily build it up to a darker berry pink which I love.

Grandest Grape 08
Similar to Plushest Punch this is also from the intense collection and therefore closely resembles the colour of the crayon once applied. Don't be put off by the purple colour, I've found before with other lip crayons that once applied they provide a dark pink berry shade as supposed to a bold purple. One of my favourite lip crayons is a Revlon one called Whimsical which is purple yet appears as a deep berry pink on the lips.

Pudgy Peony 15
This may be my favourite out of the collection. It is a beautiful dark pink berry shade that is right up my street. It also closely resembles my favourite lipsticks which unconsciously all seem to be the same berry pink shade. Similar to Woppin Watermelon you can build this one up for the desired coverage.

I hope you enjoyed this blog post my lovelies. I would love to know which Chubby sticks you all own. I can now proudly say that I am a member of the Chubby Stick Club.

XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...