Thursday 5 November 2015

Banana, Fudge and White Chocolate Loaf Cake







Hello my lovelies and a Happy Bonfire Night to you all! I have the mother of all loaf cakes to share with you all today. When sat doing my uni notes the smell of bananas has been growing stronger and stronger around me when I realised that there were three very sorry looking bananas sitting in the fruit bowl. What can you do with three very over ripe bananas? Well the obvious solution to me every time is banana cake. Yum! I sort of came up with this recipe whilst rummaging through the baking cupboards for flavour combinations so rather then going down the classic spicy, fruity, nutty option; I opted for the indulgent sugary option. This loaf cake reminds me of a twist on the all time classic Banoffee Pie which is one of my favourites. What's not to love about bananas, fudge and white chocolate? All three are up there in my favourite foods. It was actually my Mum who gave me the idea and inspired me to make this creation and I am so glad that she did. It is so light and moist and I love the combination of the banana with the fudge and white chocolate. I have a real weakness for white chocolate it's my favourite type of chocolate. This is a really easy recipe to make and a real crowd pleaser. Even if your not a massive banana fan I'm sure you will still love this creation. I made this on Wednesday evening and let me tell you when it's poring with rain outside and your inside baking with the lights on, candles lit and curtains drawn with the smell of banana, fudge and chocolate drifting through the house it's a real Autumn/Winter comforting moment. Especially as loaf cakes require a long bake this gives you plenty of time to indulge in a Lush bath whilst you're waiting; that's what I did and I would highly recommend it.

Ingredients

125g salted butter
300g plain flour
175g light brown muscovado sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
150ml semi-skimmed milk
3 ripe bananas
65g fudge cut into small cubes/chunks
75g white chocolate chips

Method

1) Preheat your oven to 180°C/ 160°Fan and grease a 2 litre loaf tin and lightly dust with flour. I also lined the tin with a strip of baking paper with handles running along the base and up the two shorter sides to help remove the cake from the tin once cooled

2) Beat your butter and sugar together until smooth, pale and creamy

3) In a separate bowl, beat your eggs together before adding and mixing these into your butter mixture

4) Sift in your flour and bicarbonate of soda and mix

5) Add approximately half of your milk and stir followed by the remaining half which you also need to stir in

6) In a separate bowl, de-skin and mash your bananas with a fork

7) Fold in the bananas, fudge and white chocolate to the remaining ingredients using a metal spoon

8) Pour the cake mixture into your loaf tin and bake for 60 minutes. After 30 minutes cover the cake with foil to stop the top from burning whilst the remainder of the cake cooks. Once golden brown and a skewer comes out clean once inserted into the middle of the cake, remove the cake from the oven and allow to completely cool in the tin

9) Once cooled remove the cake from the tin and indulge yourself

Like I said previously this is a really easy and comforting cake to make. All the family will love this creation and it is perfect for an Autumnal day. I love this cake so I hope you will all give it a try. Let me know in the comments if you do and how you got on with it. I hope you all have a lovely weekend my lovelies. If in doubt of what to do, why not do some baking? I hope you all enjoy fireworks night, this cake would be perfect for a snack to take with you to a display, very festive. Unfortunately it's chucking it down with rain so I have just enjoyed a Lush bath bomb and I'm snuggled in my blanket in front of the TV, just your typical 19 year old.

XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...