Thursday 17 September 2015

Bye Bye Blonde And Hello Autumn Hair


Hello my lovelies and a Happy Thursday to you all. I have a hair post for you all today. Some of you who have followed my blog for a while may remember that back in February I had ombre put into my hair. For those of you who have forgotten, weren't following my blog at the time or if you just fancy a nosy/refresher you can check out that post by clicking here. I was really nervous before this it took a large caramel latte with extra cream and sauce to pluck up the courage to have my hair dyed. It sounds pathetic I know but I had never dyed my hair before. I was scared that having naturally such dark hair the blonde wouldn't suit me. I also straighten my hair frequently so I was conscious of the dye causing further damage and once you've dyed your hair once it's hard not to continue to dye it even if you just want to get back to your natural hair colour. But hey you only live once and theres a lot of worse things that a young 19 year old could be doing compared to her continual growing coffee addiction and experimenting with her hair colour. 

Personally I really enjoyed having ombre hair; it was a bit of fun for the summer. My hair dresser blended the blonde and the dark together really well and there were loads of different colours running through it. The fact that my hair colour was called caramel pleased me immensely. I loved it so much in the summer I had more blonde added in. 100% I would definitely take the plunge again next summer and have ombre put into my hair. Just have to be a little careful though as all these luxury pamper days at the hairdresser mount up on the old bank account and I would never ever, ever trust myself to home dye my hair - never in a million years.


As much as I loved my caramel, blonde hair I did miss my dark hair. Seeing as Autumn is now upon us it seemed like the ideal time to take the plunge again. This involved a pamper morning at the hair dressers for over three hours accompanied by a Costa coffee and a whole lotta magazines. First of all they put a sort of protecter/toner on my blonde hair. I'll be totally honest I can't remember the name of it but I believe that the purpose of this was so that when they applied the brown dye my hair would all change to the new colour and to remove the ombre effect. It acted as a base almost to seal the blonde. This was left on my hair for 20 minutes and then washed off leaving me with ombre hair still yet with  dark brown and chestnut colours which I actually really liked as well, I'll have to remember that one for future reference. After debating many swatches that all look almost identical we plumped for praline chocolate - great name. It was a semi dye which means that gradually over time the dye will fade so that when my natural hair colour grows down it will magically blend back in together. Well that's the plan anyway. This way fingers crossed I won't have to continually dye my hair which will be a lot better for it and hopefully save me from being bald when I'm older. 

Again this took another 20 minutes before being washed off, cut, dried and transformed into some sort of hair goddess. It's such a satisfying feeling that after 19 years I have finally discovered a decent hair dressers who do a pretty damn good job if I don't say so myself. 

I love my new colour, it's a luxurious dark brown shade with almost lighter brown/red undertones in it which was 100% what I was after she couldn't have got my description more spot on if she tried. I love it so, so much and I just feel that dark hair is more 'me' if that makes sense. I definitely feel ready for Autumn - give me warm knitted jumpers, thick coats, spicy candles, scarfs, gloves and hot chocolate and I'm there and ready for it. 
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...