Sunday 19 October 2014

My Favourite Foundation



You may have seen this foundation mentioned in an earlier blog post called My Everyday Autumn Makeup Routine where I think I rambled on a bit about this foundation. This blog post is just probably going to be me rambling on a bit more about it, it's the Maybelline Dream Matte Mouse Foundation.

I love this foundation so much. I use it everyday when ever I wear make-up and I have done so for years and years now. Whenever I'm low I will always buy it in bulk to stock up on it. This foundation is perfect for people with oily skin. I suffer really bad from oily skin, even liquid matte foundations leave me looking sweaty and oily as soon as I've applied it even with a good dose of powder. Even after that I feel caked in makeup which I don't like and it doesn't look natural at all. However, with this foundation I can use less foundation then I would with a liquid foundation yet still get a fuller coverage. I find this foundation looks so natural on my skin and it's easy to build up the coverage to how ever much you want. I used to wear this at school and sixth form with a light coverage yet at weekends or if I was going out I would apply a heavier coverage. Basically it's easy to adapt to how ever you want it.

Packaging wise I think it's better then a liquid foundation as it's more compact so it takes up less room. Theres also no pump involved so you can use exactly the amount you want without wasting any. As the title says it has a mouse like consistency which I would describe in-between a powder and a liquid foundation. It feels very soft and light on the skin. It also contains SPF 15 which is an added bonus as I think it's important to look after your skin in the sun. This foundation lasts me for months and months, it takes me ages to finish a pot so you definitely get your moneys worth out of it. I apply this using my fingers but I know a lot of people prefer to apply their foundation using a brush. To be honest I've never tried applying this with a brush and I'm not sure if you're meant to or not but if any one has let me know in the comments. There are lot's of shades available I use nude but if you are after a new foundation or you suffer from oily skin I would definitely recommend this to try out. It's currently priced at £7.69.

I will continue to purchase for as long as I can and I don't know what I would do if it became discontinued. It's the only foundation I own, I just always buy it in bulk just in case. If anyone knows any good foundations for oily skin let me know in the comments. I would love to find another foundation I can use just in case this one ever got discontinued.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...